Pages

Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Pun is Worth a Thousand Words

It's hard for me to imagine people who love language not also loving puns, but --gasp-- it's true, some folks are like that. But I'm not like them and I like them (there's a turn of phrase for ya). So here are some nice, short ones I've found or remembered recently:

  • What did the bald man say when given a solid-gold comb?
    Thanks, I'll never part with this.

  • A dog walked into a saloon wearing a gunbelt and with one foot in a bandage. He said:
    "I'm looking for the man who shot my paw."

  • What do you call a fish with no eyes? (Note: This is a tricky one. The answer is much clearer when written, but the pun in the question really works only when spoken (hint--think of homophones for "eye").)
    Fsh.

No comments: